Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Day Challenge

This month, hands on: as we grow and The Imagination Tree are teaming up to host the 30 Days to Hands on Play Challenge. The purpose of this challenge is to get parents and kids to play together for at least 15 minutes, uninterrupted, every day. Not supervise, not help a little here and there... play!

Baby Bear and I have been taking part in this challenge, and we have had a lot of fun already! Throughout November, I will be sharing our experiences with the challenge, and I will resume normal blogging in December. I have several posts I am excited to share, so I may throw a couple of extras in if I have time and cannot wait! Even though the challenge began a few days ago, it is not too late to join! Just start with the challenge of the day (found on the Websites I linked to above), follow along for the rest of the month, and then go back to the ones you missed.

The first day was set aside for thoughtful planning. Here is what Baby Bear and I did on days two and three of the challenge.

Day 2: Build a Fort
 Baby Bear actually got mad at me for covering the table with sheets and tried to pull them down at first! After the first sheet went up, I had him crawl under the table with me to see what we were doing. He tried to help instead with the rest. :)
Our dining room table turned fort
Entrance
Baby Bear got to eat his afternoon snack in the fort
Day 3: Build with Blocks
This one was easy because we love blocks at our house!
Our fort was still up the next morning, so we built inside the fort! We built... and destroyed... many towers!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have had a lot of fun! Forts are in big demand here too.

    Also I passed the Liebster Blog to you! http://twostepsbehindsixlittlehands.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete