Thursday, May 3, 2012

Three Little Pigs Mask

Baby Bear and I had never tried making masks before, so I decided to give it a try. We made a paper plate pig mask to go with the story The Three Little Pigs. Baby Bear helped by painting a paper plate pink with corn starch paint (minus the glitter glue). I cut out one section of an egg carton and used an acrylic to paint it pink. Then, I hot glued a second paper plate to the back for stability, googly eyes, pink felt ears, and a large craft stick to the bottom. I used a black Sharpie to add a mouth and nostrils. It was a very cute pig, if I do say so myself. Well, for as long as it lasted anyway. That poor egg carton nose didn't stand a chance, even after being doubly hot glued on! Baby Bear loved the way it felt and kept pulling it off. Maybe a bottle cap will work well as a replacement. I guess we'll see!



2 comments:

  1. So cute! Pinned it to the Kid's Co-op board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete