Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments (Guest Post!)

This is guest post #2 from Missy. She shared this idea with me a few weeks back, and I was so excited when she sent me pictures along with a narration of how to do these cinnamon applesauce ornaments! This is what Missy writes:

We mixed a dough of equal parts cinnamon and applesauce (be sure to use the kind with sugar, the low sugar applesauce will be crumbly).  I often end up using more cinnamon on my hands and on the top and the bottom of the dough when we roll it out.  Then, use cookie cutters or make any design you want for ornaments, gift tags, etc.  Using a straw, I make a hole for the ribbon to eventually go through.  I place the designs on wax paper and flip them over a couple times a day until they have completely dried through. Then, using glitter glue or other decorations, you can personalize them and add ribbons for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment