Friday, January 27, 2012

Tape Resist Snowflake Painting

Baby Bear and I have tried a few tape resist art activities in the past, but the edible paints we used did not work well for the activity. When I saw these cute snowflake paintings on the Little Learner's Lounge, I decided to give it one more try. This time, I mixed a packet of Kool-aid with approximately two cups of water and a couple pinches of corn starch. Of the edible paint recipes we've tried, this worked the best for tape resist art.

Baby Bear thought the Kool-aid paint was pretty fun... and tasty!

He made quite the mess with the paint, but he had a blast in the process!
The paint did not dry as bright as I had hoped, but at least with this edible paint, the tape could be peeled off without all the paint flaking off in the process. If I could get Baby Bear to stop eating the paints we use, it could be fun to add a little glitter next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment