Although I have seen this recipe on numerous sites, this one from It's Gravy Baby is the one that inspired me to try this for Valentine's Day. Here is the recipe I used, but I cut it in half:
- Dissolve 1t Borax in 1c water. Set aside.
- Empty glue into bowl. (I used white glue, so my red food coloring made pink slime. I'm going to try clear glue next time.)
- Fill your empty glue bottle with water and pour it into the bowl of glue.
- Add food coloring and stir. (You could add glitter, too!)
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir.
- Finish by dumping the excess water and kneading with hands until dry.