Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Anatomy of a Jack-O-Lantern

Baby Bear already knows the parts of a face, but when I saw these foam stickers out with the Halloween decorations, I couldn't resist an opportunity to reinforce these concepts in a fun way.

I began by drawing a pumpkin on a piece of peel-n-stick no-mess paper. Baby Bear helped a little, hence the smudge marks along the bottom. Then, I added stickers to create a face, naming the parts as I added them. I used this as an example for Baby Bear to follow for the next part.

Next, I grabbed another sheet of paper and drew an oval for a face. I handed Baby Bear the eyes and had him help me place them correctly to make a face. We did the same with the nose and mouth.


Baby Bear loves peeling off stickers just as much as he loves putting them on things. Once both faces were done, he spent some time peeling off and resticking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment