Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Leaf Painting

I saw this idea for painting leaves in plastic baggies on the Toddler Approved blog and thought, "Hey, my Baby Bear could do this!" So, we did!

I found a leaf template, cut it out, and put it in a plastic bag with some paint. I added a little too much paint. It worked fine, but I think with less paint the activity would have lasted a little longer because Baby Bear would have needed to spend more time spreading the paint.

Baby Bear liked squishing the bag and watching the paint spread around, but this took him less than a minute. If I were to do this activity again, I would prepare more leaves, maybe with different colors. Even with more leaves, I think it is important to note that this activity takes more time to prepare than to actually do. It's still a good activity, but it does not take much time.

Baby Bear's leaf covered in paint.

The finished product. Once dry, we added this leaf to our fall sensory box. Something that could be fun to do with this activity is to make a whole bunch of these leaves and use them as decorations, perhaps as a garland, or as a part of a tree craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment