Saturday, October 29, 2011

Matching Face Game

Baby Bear and I still have some of our pumpkin face stickers left, so we have been playing with them a lot lately. One morning, when Baby Bear pointed to the container of stickers, I decided to do something a little different than the create a face activity I previously posted about. This time, when I grabbed the piece of paper, I drew the whole face rather than just the oval. Instead of having Baby Bear work with me to create a face from scratch, I had him try to match the stickers to the drawing. The result was the same, but the skill set and level of help needed were different.

For this activity, the learning verb is match instead of create. Yes, that means it is a lower-level thinking skill, but it also means that Baby Bear can be a little more independent and self-directed, which is very important at this age.

I think Baby Bear liked this activity a little better than creating a face from scratch. He seemed to enjoy trying to match the pieces I handed him to the correct part of the drawing. And, although he was sitting on my lap, he also seemed to like working with less direction from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment