Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chalk Drawing on Wet Canvas

On one of the recent warmer days, Baby Bear and I were outside playing in the sprinkler in the driveway. When he lost interest in the sprinkler, he found a stick and began using it to draw on the wet ground. This reminded me of when we painted with water on a colored chalk board (see this post from The Imagination Tree), so I grabbed the sidewalk chalk from the garage and sat down with Baby Bear to do a chalk on wet canvas activity. The chalk wrote smoothly on the wet cement, and the pictures were still clearly there after the hot sun dried the ground. Baby Bear even tried drawing in a deep puddle, and some of his markings stayed. I think this was just the right variation on drawing with sidewalk chalk to make it interesting for Baby Bear again.


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm definitely trying this with Riley the next time we have weather warm enough. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete