As mentioned in previous posts, Baby Bear and I spent the first two weeks of September doing a unit called All About Me in which we learned the names of external body parts and talked about some of the things we can do with those parts. Last night I realized that I never shared any of the books or songs we used to go along with our unit. There were SO MANY to choose from! We only needed eight books though (we go to story time once a week for our reading time), so I went with what we already had at home. I also limited our song list to the songs I thought Baby Bear would enjoy most. Here are our reading and music time lists for All About Me:
- All of Baby, Nose to Toes by Victoria Adler
- One Foot, Two Feet by Peter Meloney
- Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss (for things you can do with your mouth)
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins
- The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
- Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt (tactile)
- I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
- So Big! by Anna Jane Hays
- "If Your Happy and You Know It"
- "Hokey Pokey"
- "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"
- "Where is Thumbkin?"
- "Father Abraham"
- "Do Your Ears Hang Low?"