Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Acoustic Autumn Painting


Have you ever heard The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi? It's beautiful. I remember playing a couple of excerpts in high school when I played in the symphonic band. When I was planning our music times for our fall unit, I knew I wanted Vivaldi's "Autumn" to be a part of that time. Also, seeing as how Baby Bear and I were going to spend a lot of time talking about the colors of the changing leaves, I figured painting with fall colors during one of our art activities made sense. I decided to combine these music and art ideas into one activity. Baby Bear painted hues of red, yellow, green, orange, and gold as one of the more famous pieces of music from the Baroque era filled the air around us. Beautiful music met beautiful hues for one simple, fall-time activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment