Monday, November 26, 2012

Glittery Popsicle Sticks Snowflake

Last holiday season, I saw several posts about making snowflakes out of craft sticks. I remember thinking, "Hey, that's neat. Maybe we'll try that some day." Well, that day finally came! Although the idea isn't new, Baby Bear and I made our snowflakes just a little differently than the others I've seen elsewhere. I think ours turned out just as cute, but with a lot less mess. We didn't spread glue on the craft sticks and then spread them with glitter. We didn't use glitter glue. Instead, Baby Bear and I placed double-sided tape on one side of each of three craft sticks, filled the bottom of a ziplock bag with glitter, placed the sticks in the bag, and shook. Once the tape was covered in glitter I used my hot glue gun to put the sticks together in a snowflake shape. To turn the snowflake into a tree ornament, I twisted red and green chenille stems together, bent them into a loop, and used an obscene amount of hot glue to make them stick to the back of one of the craft sticks. With the craft sticks being so wide, the edges are still without glitter, but then again, so is the floor. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment