Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Day Challenge Part H

Day 16: A Hunt
 For this day's play challenge we were supposed to go on a hunt of sorts. I thought about hunting for a particular letter, number, color, or shape around the house (Baby Bear already recognizes a few of these), but that seemed too broad. I knew that if our hunt was house-wide, or even room-wide, that Baby Bear would lose focus and go off to play with something else he noticed along the way. So, I pulled out our sensory box, and we did a color hunt!

Baby Bear was a little energetic during this time, so I did most of the sorting myself. I said the name of the color with each item I placed in a pile, though. Baby Bear did help with the blue, which is the color he recognizes and says most consistently.
Adding the yellow items to the box
Yay, red!
Day 17: A Reading Tent
This idea is actually one that is on my list of things to make for Baby Bear's playroom, so I was very excited when I read about this play challenge! I love those tents that hang like a canopy from the ceiling, and I used a real camping tent in my classroom at my reading center when I was teaching. There's something about getting to read in a special place that makes books all the more fun.

Papa Bear and I actually already had some PVC pipes on hand because we planned on making Baby Bear a fort or tent of sorts anyway. Papa Bear was such a sport and ran out to the garage to cut a few pieces for us to use right away. We used three for the frame, attached them together with a couple of T-joints, and threw some blankets over two of the sides. We still plan on making an improved version of this, but it worked perfectly for this day's challenge.

Touching the animals' soft fur in his animals book
Laughing at ourselves making elephant noises

2 comments:

  1. Awwww your pics of the reading tent are so sweet! I wish I would've gotten a picture of me in there with George. That's adorable.

    I love the idea of the color hunt btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what gorgeous pictures of you reading together in the tent! Lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete