Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family Hand Print Turkey

Here's our family hand print turkey and how we made it:

Body:
Baby Bear painted a paper plate using his hands and a paint brush with flour paint plus cinnamon:
  1. Mix flour and water until mixture reaches desired consistency.
  2. Add food coloring. We used 1 1/2 parts red to 1 part green to make brown.
  3. Mix in cinnamon until paint reaches desired texture and shade of brown.
 Head:
I used sticky-backed foam to cut the face, nose, and gizzard. Then, I added googly eyes.

Tail (the best part!):
Papa Bear and I each traced our hands onto different colors of construction paper. Then, we worked together to trace Baby Bear's hand onto another color. He didn't like this so much, which is why we only used his hand once and added our hands for the other tail feathers. I like it better this way, anyway. I glued the hands together at the palms, and then I glued them to the body. Next time I will use different colors, though, because Papa Bear pointed out that with these colors it looks like the turkey is on fire. I was just trying to choose fall colors. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment