Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rainbow Rice Sensory Box

At the same time I colored the rice for our Earth Day rice sensory box, I made other bags of colored rice to use in a rainbow rice box later on. When Baby Bear had his fill of the blue, green, and white rice of his Earth Day box, I poured those colors into a bigger bin along with red, yellow, and purple rice. I also added about 1/3 of a bag of mixed beans to add a little variety in size and texture. Since Baby Bear didn't like when I tried to add other small items to his rice box before, I did not add any this time. However, Baby Bear decided to add his own by dumping a crayon box into the mix! Then, it really was a rainbow rice sensory box!

With this sensory box, Baby Bear can practice scooping and pouring, we can talk about colors, and Baby Bear can compare and contrast the sizes and textures of its contents.


My kid makes me smile. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment